Shashi’s Indian Cooking
World Famous Chutneys
- On toasted or baked French bread spread some extra virgin olive
oil and top with our Coriander Chutney.
- Marinate Vegetables, tofu, or Meat for 1 hour using our Coriander, Date and
Ginger or Tamarind chutney.
-Grill or cook with the chutney as per normal.
- Combine ¼ cup of our Coriander Chutney with 1 can of chick peas drained
and washed for a yummy bean salad. Again be creative instead of chick peas use
a can of kidney beans or both!
-Try adding our Coriander chutney to your favourite potato salad
Chip and Chutney
-Serve tortilla chips or other chips with our chutney, it will be a hit at any
Chutney and cheese sandwich
- Instead of using butter or mayo on your bread spread our Coriander
Chutney. Add your favourite cheese. Cheese: Try cheddar, Gouda,
mozzarella. Bread: any bread can be used. Try whole-wheat, Rye,
or French. Be creative combine what you like with what is available
in your refrigerator.
Tomato and cheese sandwich
- Add thinly sliced ripe red tomatoes to the above sandwich. Vine
ripened Ontario tomatoes are the incredible for these sandwiches.
Grilled Chutney & Cheese sandwich
- If you feel like something hot then put your sandwich in a hot
sandwich maker for 2 minutes. Or in a skillet melt a pat of butter
and cook the sandwich on both sides until the cheese is melted.
If you’re in a hurry microwave your sandwich for 15-30 seconds.
Both plain and tomato sandwiches are great heated.
If you have other recipe ideas, be sure to email them to us --